Grapefruit Jasmine Tea
Prep Time: 5 minutes | Chill Time: 20-30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 35 to 45 minutes
- 6 ounce or 12 tablespoons of grapefruit juice (2-3 small grapefruits)
- 6 tablespoons of white sugar (see note #1)
- 2 cups of boiling hot water and 6 tablespoons of water
- 2 tablespoons of loose leaf jasmine tea (see note #2)
- You can adjust based on your sweet preference
- I use the Sunflower brand jasmine tea.
- If you’re using the Sunflower brand jasmine tea, steep 2 tablespoons of loose leaf jasmine tea in 2 cups of boiling water for ~5 minutes. If not, brew your tea using instructions listed on the packaging. Set in the fridge or freezer to cool for 20 to 30 minutes
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and 6 tablespoons of water over medium heat and bring to a low boil. Reduce heat to low and let it bubble until the mixture has slightly thickened (~3-4 minutes).
- Juice the grapefruit. Roll the grapefruit on your counter to help loosen the juice. Cut in half and squeeze with all your might!
Assemble the Drink
- Pour the jasmine tea into a pitcher that can hold at least 40 ounces of liquid.
- Add in 12 tablespoons of grapefruit juice and 4 tablespoons of the sugar syrup (adjust the sweetness by adding less or more). Mix well with a long spoon or straw.
- Add in ice and enjoy!